Confessions of a Marketing Cynic

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Bobby Jackson's blog

Bobby Jackson's Automatic Spam-for-SEO blog

These people are driving me crazy.

Half the blogs I look at here daily are nothing but SEO spam blogs - this one happens to be spamming for personal injury attorneys.

But come to think of it, I'm sure Google must be aware of this attempt to game their system - I wonder if the rumours of a rebuild of the index and new spiders showing up is an attempt to detect and penalize sites that uses automated blog spamming like these crap sites do?

And I'm not thinking of the spamblog itself when I'm saying that - I'm thinking of the sites that benefit from this.

It would serve them right if the next index update greybarred the lot of them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home